Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Place garlic in food processor and process for 10 seconds or until garlic is chopped into small pieces.
- Place basil, spinach, salt and pepper in processor and turn processor on. With processor running, pour olive oil into machine through feed tube and keep processing until leaves are puréed. Add the Parmesan and almond flour and purée for 30 seconds. Add more salt or pepper to taste.
- Fill a pot with water and add a dash of salt. Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Drain water, setting a cup of pasta water aside.
- Toss pasta with pesto, adding pasta water to smooth the consistency.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.