Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18–20 minutes
Makes: 10 muffins
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Blue Diamond Almond Breeze almond milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites
- 2 cups Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoons Blue Diamond gluten-free flour blend (see recipe here)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup fresh or ½ cup frozen, thawed blueberries*
- ¼ cup Blue Diamond Sliced Natural Almonds (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line ten muffin cups with paper liners or lightly butter.
- Whisk together sugar, almond milk, oil, vanilla and lemon extracts, lemon zest, eggs and egg whites in a large bowl.
- Add almond flour, gluten-free flour blend, baking powder and salt, then lightly fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared cups and sprinkle with Blue Diamond Sliced Natural Almonds.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
*If using frozen blueberries, make sure to thaw and drain well to remove all excess moisture.