Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Makes: 24 small sandwich cookies
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon pineapple extract (optional)
- 2 cups Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups coarsely shredded carrots
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together butter, sugars, eggs and extract until creamy.
- Stir in almond flour, oats, baking soda, salt and nutmeg until well mixed, then stir in carrots.
- Drop teaspoons of dough two inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- Beat all filling ingredients together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Spread equal amounts of filling over half the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
These cookies are very delicate. Keep refrigerated to keep them firm.