Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: About 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2½ cups Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ cup sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup chopped onion (about ½ large onion)
- 1 cup chopped carrots (about 3 large carrots)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 precooked chicken breasts, chopped (rotisserie chickens work great!)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Flour for dusting
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare an 8-by-8-inch casserole dish by lightly coating with butter.*
- In a large bowl, combine flours, salt, garlic powder and cheese. Grate the cold butter into the mixture and mash with a pie cutter or fork so that butter is integrated fully and broken down into pea-sized pieces. Add whole egg and mix thoroughly, working with hands. Divide dough into two flat discs and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill while preparing filling, at least 10 minutes.
- Combine chopped potatoes and 1½ cup of chicken stock in a microwave-safe container. Season with salt and pepper. Microwave until potatoes are soft, about 5 minutes. When potatoes are ready, transfer potatoes and stock into a blender and add cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Heat up olive oil in a large skillet at medium heat and sauté onion, carrots and peas until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add chopped chicken and thyme and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir in remaining chicken stock.
- Once vegetables are tender and chicken is warm, turn off heat and blend in potato mixture.
- Cover a surface with parchment paper and dust with flour. Place dough on surface and flatten with hands. Dust the top of the dough with flour and cover with parchment. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to desired size. Remove top parchment piece and flip dough onto baking dish lifting from underneath the bottom layer of parchment. Gently press into pan.
- Add filling to pie and repeat method for top layer of crust. Pinch edges of crust and slit the top to release steam.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until crust is golden.
*Individual-serve ramekins can also be used.