Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 medium sweet potato, cooked through and peeled
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- ¾ cup Blue Diamond gluten-free flour blend (see recipe here)
- Flour for sprinkling
- ½ cup butter
- 6 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Sage for garnish
Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place cooled, peeled sweet potatoes in mixer and mix at medium speed until mashed. Add in brown sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice and mix for 30 seconds.
- In a food processor, mix almond flour, gluten-free flour blend. Pulse for 30 seconds until flours are well combined.
- While mixer is set on low speed, slowly add flour until a soft dough forms.
- Remove dough ball from mixer and place on a well-floured surface.
- Divide dough ball into six equal parts and roll each into a long rope between your palms and a floured work surface. Sprinkle with flour as necessary if dough is sticky.
- Cut each rope into 1-inch pieces and roll with a fork to create grooves. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and season with salt. Boil gnocchi in batches for about 6 minutes, or until the dumplings float. Using a slotted spoon, remove gnocchi from water and let cool on a clean baking sheet. Repeat until all gnocchi are cooked.
- Place butter in an oven-safe skillet and place in oven. Remove when butter is melted and solids have browned, about 7 minutes, occasionally swirling. Remove from oven and place on stovetop over medium-low heat.
- Add chopped sage and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook until garlic is golden. Add gnocchi and sauté until gnocchi has a light brown crust, about 6 minutes.
- Divide gnocchi into serving bowls. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with Parmesan and garnish with sage.