Created by: Almond Board of California
Makes: 2 servings
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup low-fat or non-fat milk
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds, roasted*
- Bring water and salt to a rolling boil. Stir in oats, reduce to medium heat and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let sit 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve along with milk, diced apple, sliced almonds and maple syrup.
* To roast almonds, spread in an ungreased baking pan. Place in a 350ºF oven and bake 7 to 10 minutes or until almonds are fragrant; stir once or twice to assure even browning. Note that almonds will continue to roast slightly after removing from oven.