Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes: About 20 pieces
- 2 eggplants
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Olive oil for frying
- Marinara sauce
- 12 slices provolone cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut eggplants into ¼-inch disks and set aside.
- In a bowl, crack eggs, add a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate dish, mix almond flour, Parmesan cheese, spices, salt and pepper. Include more/less of seasonings to taste.
- Heat a skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil to medium heat. Dip eggplant disk in egg and coat in almond flour coating. Pan fry in olive oil until each side is golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Spoon marinara sauce into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. As eggplant finishes frying, place in baking dish. Cover eggplant with sauce and top with provolone cheese. Layer until pan is full, finishing with a layer of cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with Parmesan cheese.
For individual portions, layer fried eggplant discs with sauce and cheese on a single dish.