Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 24 cookies
- 1⅛ cups Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 large egg whites, brought to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
Vanilla Buttercream Filling:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour and powdered sugar in a food processor and process until very fine, about 40 seconds. Sift into a bowl to remove any large clumps.
- In a stand mixer, whip eggs on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Add granulated sugar and cream of tartar while machine is running. Continue to whip until stiff and glossy peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in almond flour mix one third at a time. Do not over mix. Transfer mixture into a large piping bag.
- Pipe 1-inch circles onto the parchment paper, leaving 2-inches of space in between. Tap trays against the countertop to release extra air from cookies. Let sit for 30 minutes, until they form a dry skin.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, turning pans halfway through baking. Keep a close eye, as they will brown quickly.
- Let cookies cool completely before removing from pans.
- For filling, beat butter with salt until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Slowly add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until light and smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to piping bag and pipe between two cookies.