Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 donuts
- 1 cup apple sauce
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- ½ cup Blue Diamond gluten-free flour blend (see recipe here)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ cup butter
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place apple sauce, butter, egg white, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt into a mixer and blend until well combined.
- Mix together almond flour and gluten-free flour blend. Slowly add to wet ingredients inside of the mixer. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Turn off mixer and hand mix in baking soda.
- Butter donut pans and fill to rim with batter. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to fully cool before dipping into caramel sauce.
- In a microwave-safe bowl wider than the width of the donuts, add all ingredients for caramel glaze. Microwave for 2 minutes, stopping and stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Dip donuts into caramel and top with favorite toppings.