Did you know February is National Almond Month and February 17th is National Almond Day?
This month, we’re reminded why we do what we do — we produce world-class almond ingredients to help our customers make world-class products. One of these incredible customers is Betsy Opyt of Betsy’s Best Gourmet Nut and Seed Butters.
Betsy incorporates Blue Diamond Almond Butter as the base for her specialty almond butter, flavored with unique additions like cinnamon and chia seeds to create products that are totally nutritious, delicious, and different.
Blue Diamond reached out to Betsy to ask for one of her special recipes and to see why she chooses to use Blue Diamond ingredients. “I only use wholesome, natural ingredients in my gourmet nut butters and Blue Diamond consistently offers the smoothest, creamiest, and tastiest almond butter supported by excellent customer service.”
Betsy, like Blue Diamond, relies on healthy, flavorful, and innovative products to keep her customers coming back for more. And with a growing business, Betsy needs a reliable almond ingredient source to get her what she needs exactly when she needs it. As the world’s leading almond ingredient distributor, Blue Diamond is more than happy to help Betsy surpass her goals month after month. See below for one of Betsy’s delicious recipes.
Gluten-Free Blueberry & Almond Cobbler Cake
Yield: 12 servings
- One 12 ounce bag frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups Blue Diamond Gluten-Free Flour Blend (see recipe here)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Gluten-Free Flour Blend (see recipe here)
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup Betsy’s Best Gourmet Almond Butter
- ¼ cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Blue Diamond Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Betsy’s Best Gourmet Almond Butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add the frozen blueberries in a pot over the stove and add the 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and stir to coat blueberries. Cook over medium heat until it starts to boil, stirring to prevent sticking to the pot. Reduce to low and add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and stir. Remove from heat and allow to gel and cool while you make the rest of the cake.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the Blue Diamond Gluten-Free flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with Greek yogurt. Beat just until combined.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Add the 2 cups of fresh blueberries to the cooked pie filling and spread over batter. Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls over filling.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and Betsy’s Best in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients starting with the almond milk and almond butter, whisking until dissolved. Add powdered sugar and whisk until desired consistency. You may have to add more almond milk. Drizzle over cobbler cake.
Enjoy Betsy’s Best Gourmet Nut and Seed Butters, available online at BetsysBest.com
For more recipes go to recipes.bdingredients.com/all-recipes