Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Almond Flour, divided
- ½ cup regular or gluten-free panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Vegetable oil for frying
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- ½ cup Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- 1½ cups chicken stock or reduced-sodium broth
- ½ cup marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Fillet each chicken breast into 2-inch pieces. Place in a large plastic bag and pound with a meat mallet until ½-inch thick.
- Place ⅓ cup almond flour in a shallow dish.
- Mix remaining almond flour, bread crumbs, cheese, herbs and garlic salt in another shallow dish.
- Beat eggs in a third shallow dish.
- Dip chicken into flour, then eggs, then seasoned flour mixture, pressing to coat chicken well. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- To prepare sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan and brown mushrooms.
- Add almond flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in stock, marsala, herbs and garlic salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and cook for about 10 minutes to thicken, stirring frequently; keep warm.
- Heat ½-inch vegetable oil in a large skillet.
- Cook chicken for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with sauce.