Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 12 ounces high quality bittersweet chocolate
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 + ¼ cup sugar, divided
- 1½ cups Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave. Mix in vanilla and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with an electric mixer until light yellow, approximately 5 minutes. Gradually beat in 1 cup of the sugar, a little at a time.
- Combine chocolate and egg yolk mixtures, stirring well to mix. Add almond flour and stir to incorporate.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites with the remaining ¼ cup sugar until firm peaks form. Fold the egg whites into chocolate mixture in two additions.
- Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan and smooth the top. Bake for 55 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing the sides of the springform pan, then cool completely.
- When the cake has cooled, remove parchment. Sift powdered sugar over the crackly top just before serving.